Welcome to the Premier Cowboy Action Shooting Venue in Texas!
Click here for more information about the 2015 SASS Texas State Championship – Battle of Plum Creek 2015 – April 30-May 3, 2015.
The Plum Creek Shooting Society shoots at the Agarita Ranch near Lockhart, Texas, where there is a full-size Western town, 10 great shooting stages, ample parking, lots of space for loading and unloading, a large pavilion for meals and other activities, overnight accommodations, including RV hook-ups (electricity and water), a hotel and a bunkhouse. There are even flush toilets. We shoot all the usual SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) categories and also Working Cowboy & Cowgirl, Wild Agarita, Cody/Dixon long-range and GAF (Grand Army of the Frontier).
What is the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS)?
Cowboy Action Shooting or Single Action Shooting is an internationally recognized sport. The Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) was created for the organization, preservation and promotion of the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting.The SASS endorses regional matches conducted by affiliated clubs, stages END of TRAIL, The World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting, promulgates rules and procedures to ensure safety and consistency in Cowboy Action Shooting matches, and seeks to protect its members’ 2nd Amendment rights. SASS members share a common interest in preserving the history of the Old West and competitive shooting. Go to http://sassnet.com for more information on Cowboy Action Shooting.
Cowboy Action Shooting Events at the Agarita Ranch
- Monthly Shoots are on the first Saturday of each month.
- Registration begins at approximately 7:45 a.m. and usually closes about 8:30.
- We register late arrivals after 8:30, but cannot guarantee preferred posse assignment.
- Mandatory Shooter Safety Meeting at 8:45 a.m.
- We try to be hammers down (shooting) by 9:00 a.m.
- We shoot five or six Stages, depending on weather
- Cost $15 for members; $20 for non-members
- We usually serve lunch after the match ($8)
- We have a work day the Sunday before each match. Come help when you can.
Click on the ABOUT Tab above for more information about the Plum Creek Shooting Society and how to join.
Recommended ammo count for a six-stage shoot:
Having a little ammo extra never hurts!
We usually have a weekend-long match once a year. In May 2014, we hosted our the Battle of Plum Creek. Our big match in 2015 will be the SASS Texas State Championship.